1. Best to clean on a cloudy day. Never clean when the surface of the stone is hot.
2. Must have ample supply of cold water for washing and rinsing.
3. Always start cleaning at the bottom and work up; not from the top down.
4. Always check for abnormalities such as something loose, etc. Call us if needed.
5. Take precautions to protect grass and shrubbery if necessary. Place paper bags, etc. around base to absorb water.
6. Use a natural bristle brush always. May have to scrub numerous times. Scrub the monument with a mild detergent that DOES NOT contain an oil base. One recommended product is "Bon Ami" due to its non-abrasive property. (Ivory or Dawn detergents also work).
7. Never allow solution to dry on the stone. If the surface is large, do a small area at a time, keeping area wet to avoid streaking. Always rinse the cleaning solution off the stone with plenty of water. Wash out brush frequently while cleaning. Always final rinse and let dry out completely.
8. May use "Windex" or similar product for the final shining.
9. For a simple cleaning, or if you need just to touch up the dust, use "Windex" or a similar product.